Every August students flock to school on consecutive Thursdays to receive their much-anticipated GCSE and A Level results.
Staff are on hand throughout both days to deal with any issues and also to advise on next steps whether it be contacting a University or deciding on which A-Levels to take.
The most recent results for GCSE 2016
• 93% of pupils making expected progress in English
• 81% of pupils making expected progress in Maths
• 53% of pupils exceeding expected progress in English
• 50% of pupils exceeding expected progress in Maths
• 78% 5 A*-C including English & Maths
• 38% pupils achieving the EBACC
key stage 4 (KS4)
- Progress 8 score - +0.26
- Attainment 8 score - +56.6 points
- Percentage of pupils who have achieved grade C or above in English and Mathematics at the end of KS4 - 80%
- Percentage of pupils who have achieved the English Baccalaureate - 38%
- Pupil destinations - (percentage of pupils staying in education or going into employment) 99%
key stage 5 (KS5)
- The progress George Abbot students have made compared with students across the country - +0.2
- The average grade that students achieve at KS5 - C+
- The average grade for a student's best 3 A-levels is B-
- For those students not achieving a C grade at GCSE in Maths and English, progress is as follows: English GCSE is +0.67 and Maths GCSE is -0.14
- Retention (this is the proportion of students who get to the end of the main programme of study that they enrolled on at George Abbot) - Academic and A-level retention 99%, Applied General retention 46%.
- Destinations (this is the percentage of students who continue in education or training, or move on to employment at the end of 16 to 19 study) 94%
For further information on examinations at George Abbot, including timetables, please visit our dedicated Exams page.
school performance tables
Click here for further information.
Click HERE for Lead Ofsted Inspector Page