Careers Education and Guidance (CEG) is a partnership between George Abbot, students and their parents. It aims to support students as they prepare for their future.
• Interviews - both group or individual and ‘drop-in’ sessions with USIC staff and/or external advisors from Careers Management Consultants
• Work experience, work related learning, work shadowing and careers visits
• Use of the careers library resources: books, prospectuses, and online resources
• Regular Feature Lectures from visiting speakers covering relevant topics.
Our Higher Education advisor is Mr Williamson and can be contacted on 01483 888159 email: email@example.com
- During Year 12 students are encouraged to:
- • Research higher education (HE) or further education (FE) courses, apprenticeships or employment opportunities
• Attend open days and specialist courses
• Undertake work-related learning
• Attend ‘Your future’ days on applying for HE/FE courses, apprenticeships or employment
• Attend the HE Convention at the University of Surrey
• If required, to request and attend individual careers guidance interviews
- During Year 13 students can:
- • Apply to HE/FE establishments (course searches and personal statements)
• Plan a gap year
• Attend interviews/open days
• Apply for grants or sponsorship
• Request individual careers guidance interviews
• Apply for apprenticeships, school leaver programmes or employment
• USIC staff are available for individual help and consultation for students and parents.