Go Mrs Clifford Go!

On Christmas Day, while many of us were still in bed dreaming about a large roast or post-lunch charades, Mrs Clifford was out training in her local park. She took on the 26 miles and 385 yards of the London Marathon in April 2019 to support George Abbot School’s Renaissance Project. The £250k upgrade of the School’s visual arts department, a cause very close to Mrs Clifford’s heart, was completed over the summer holidays in 2019. The School has a strong tradition of excellence in the arts – including ceramics, fashion, fine art, photography and textiles – and the Renaissance Project allowed us to upgrad equipment, resources and buildings to ensure that they continue to reflect the high standards and talent in our staff and student team.

Congratulations to Mrs Clifford on completing the London Marathon 2019, here is her account of the day:

Sunday was perfect weather for running 26.2 miles; not too hot, dry in most part, although a little on the chilly side. I lined up with some trepidation with 42,000 other people knowing I had a job to do, to run the London Marathon as fast as I could. The crowds were amazing, cheering and shouting my name throughout as I followed the blue line past many landmarks including Cutty Sark, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London before seeing The Houses of Parliament and eventually Buckingham Palace. I ran the last 200 metres like a gazelle completing the Marathon in 6 hours 6 minutes and 30 seconds. As I was presented with my medal it was an incredibly emotional moment. I am incredibly grateful to everyone who has sponsored me and for their kind and encouraging words.