At George Abbot our primary concern is that students are able to learn in a safe and supportive environment. We also have a responsibility to ensure that every young person has the right to be brought up in the same environment.
George Abbot Safeguarding Team
- We all share a responsibility to ensure the school environment is safe and welcoming and to report any damage or safety / welfare issues.
- We all have a right to be treated with respect and we have a responsibility to show respect to others and report or challenge unsafe or bullying behaviour.
- We will use ICT to enhance teaching / learning and communication and report unsafe, unkind or inappropriate use.
- We are all equally important and should be able to ask for help and support without feeling belittled or inadequate.
- We will ensure high standards of dress / uniform that reflect the professional nature of our work and which conform to guidelines on smartness and decency.
- We know the procedures for reporting safeguarding concerns and are confident that issues we raise will be listened to and taken seriously.
- We are part of a community in which any adult, who works unsupervised, will have been checked to ensure that there are no known reasons why s/he should not work with young people.
- We will be given relevant information / training to help us protect ourselves from harm and to be able to recognise signs that others might be ‘at risk’.
- We will follow the school codes, guidelines and procedures that are in place to ensure all aspects of health and safety that affect our well-being, including risk assessments, are adhered to.
- We will have the opportunity to reflect on our performance in school, have the work that we have done valued, and have the support we need to make the most of our skills and abilities.
- We will have access to relevant outside agencies and training services that will support or enhance our personal and learning development.
- We take seriously the information we are given about Child Protection, recognise that the school cannot promise confidentiality and will report concerns we may have to the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Rob Giles.
To view the following School Policies please click here:
- Child Protection Click HERE for the School’s Policy Page
- Anti-Bullying Click HERE for the School’s Policy Page
- Social Media and Internet Code of Conduct Click HERE for the School’s Policy Page
The school is committed to preventing bullying in all forms. We recognise that bulling can take many forms such as:
We encourage all students to stand up against bullying and we hope that all children at George Abbot would be able to speak to a trusted adult if they were worried about themselves or another. If they need to report anonymously they can report on TootToot, which can be found through the student hub. These reports will go to a member of the safeguarding team.
TootToot is for student use, if parents need to report a concern they can contact a member of the safeguarding team at DSL@georgeabbot.surrey.sch.uk.